Wednesday, April 29, 2015

52 - Giving Service

Don't have a lot of time today, so this will be a quick fast entry!

First off, this mission boundaries have officially changed and the mission home is now officially packed up and is now located in Bismarck. 72 missionaries are no longer within the original mission boundaries.

It was very sad for President and Sister Anderson to go around and say their goodbyes to them, but they will do great in their new missions.

I have been having a hard time recently, harder than I thought, with dumb Satan and natural man causing my mind to have negative thoughts and be all competitive with Sister Edwards only in my mind and I hated feeling that way and when it got to the point where I noticed I needed to express how I was feeling I became an emotional mess. But it's ok, because talking about it is like, most of the battle for me.
We cover part of the 2nd and 3rd wards in Williston

But two days later, we had exchanges. While I was with Sister Schoenfeld working in her area, it was a very productive day! We taught five lessons with basically no wiggle room in between and taught the less actives about the importance of the sacrament, committing them to come to church so they can fully partake of the atonement! It was solid and Sister Schoenfeld was pleasantly surprised to have gotten in with so many people that our day was just eaten up with lessons! And when we came back...



Sister Edwards and Sister Barrett heart attacked our rooms, and wrote compliments on hearts and awwww it was so nice!
And Sister Edwards bought me awesome blueberry candies and Lillies on top of it!


I am so bad at repaying people. That was SO nice of her! I know she says I don't need to repay her, but I want to. It was soooo nice.

Speaking of service, we did a lot of service this Saturday. We helped someone move, and we helped paint someones house. 

And we brought stuff to a BBQ thing that just kind of happened.

It was this Dude's idea.

That's right.

I'm calling him Dude.

He is a member who is returning to activity and we are going to be teaching him the missionary discussions.

He's awesome.

But we were there for way too long, like 3 1/2 hours. But it was good. We had lots of gospel conversation, and Pablo (I think that's the name I decided to give him lol) was there, our investigator, so that was really good.

In between exchanges and this day of service though, I was sick with a cold, so I spent quite a bit of time getting better. But Sister Edwards is awesome and while I was recovering she went out and taught our lessons that we had set up.

We just came back from Ray and we had a good run up there, or as good as possible. Sister Edwards's stomach has been giving her problems since Sunday, and Tuesday it was so bad that she couldn't go out and work, and then all the women in the house became either sick or busy. So we only saw one person, but it was a good visit. She fed us dinner.

And then on Monday the Boone's had a BBQ and a less active family came to that, and that was great for them!



That little boy in the Superman outfit just kills me.

He's three and part of the family who is less active. He is just SO cute!

That's all.

Hopefully Sister Edwards gets better soon.

After all...

Where there's a Will, There's a way!

No comments:

Post a Comment