Monday, August 18, 2014

16 - Trio Madness

Holy cow, this week has been the busiest week I've like, basically had since I started my mission, and it's WONDERFUL! It's great to be so incredibly busy teaching LESSONS!! AH! We taught over thirty lessons this week! And that's compared to the round about six or seven that we have been teaching! Wow. It's been a blast. It's been exhausting, mostly for the other sisters who have been busy all along. I would still be up and ready to go, a little tired, but nothing that I haven't dealt with before. "Aren't you exhausted? How are you still not tired?" Shrug? I don't know. haha. I just not tired. Sister Springer and Sister Paniagua have been such great examples to me this week, serving in this trio.

And ye shall go forth in the power of my Spirit, preaching my gospel, two by two, in my name, lifting up your voices as with the sound of a trump, declaring my word like unto angels of God. ...And from this place ye shall go forth into the regions [south]ward; and inasmuch as ye shall find them that will receive you ye shall build up my church in every region, (D&C 42:6;8)
Bismarck / Minot Zone Conference, Summer 2014

Man, there's SO much that has happened this week, but the overarching miracle of this experience has been how often the Lord has placed us in the paths which lead us to people who need to see us. None of us can ever deny that God intended us to cross paths with these people. None of these were sheer happenstance.
Sister Bell and Sister Sanderson

Man, I don't even know where to start... Well I guess first off, it feels like serving with Sister Easter is a distant past.

I've been serving with Sister Springer and Sister Paniagua since Tuesday afternoon after zone conference where Sister Bell and I parted ways for her to go up to Minot.

It was a good four days I had with Sister Bell. 

Sister Monteirth and Sister Sanderson
Oh, and the Sister who is going home, Sister Monteirth (The th is silent) was at zone conference. She hides it super well, but apparently she's in constant pain.

She's planning on coming back out if she can, if they find out what's wrong with her stomach and how to treat her.

Just so much has happened.

These days have been very packed and long.

We have mostly been teaching less active members of the church in the sister's area.


You know it's busy when you can't find time to eat dinner. We didn't have a dinner appointment Wednesday, and we intended to eat dinner, but something popped up, and then something else, until it was eight something or other and so we met one of the Sister's investigators at a restaurant and we had to actually have them bring it to us boxed up because it was too late to eat it there. We had to be in by 9:30 and we were already going to be late concerning curfew. So dinner while we plan at night for the next day! That was a new one! haha.

Man, I apologize. My thoughts are not organized at all. So many things that happened and just a short and scattered collection of thoughts this week. Too much crazy!

Momma Cat and Newly Born Kittens (we saw it happen!)
Just to give you an idea of the craziness, we SAW THE MIRACLE OF BIRTH DURING A LESSON!

That's right! We got into the lesson and he told us she had kittens just two hours before! Right there on the couch! And he, like, aw, didn't know what to do. He didn't even know she was pregnant. We were having the lesson and, so funny and cute, he, the person we were teaching, was like, on track but we were distracted by the cat and her new born kittens and Sister Springer noticed that the momma cat was having contractions, her body lurching periodically. "I don't think she's done. She's having contractions. She's probably going to have another one." And sure enough! Out came another kitten! Another white one. And then later came the placenta goopy goop and momma cat ate it. It was really something else. And she had another one we heard after we left. Six kittens!

More stuff happened... but this is all I have time to write about! Sorry!

P.S. I don't know WHAT I would do without Sister Springer to cut my hair!
Sister Springer, the "resident" Hair Dresser. :-)
Don't Do It, Sister Springer! Well, Okay, Go Ahead!

P.S.S. Last night we drank vinegar with baking soda. 

Oh, that Vinegar is SOOOO Good!
And even Better the Second Time! Ha ha!

...Apparently the Sister's started doing it as a punishment for eating bad. Sisters... you're crazy. It clears your system though. And the plain vinegar isn't that bad, but with the baking soda.... I don't see why it's necessary. >^<

Vinegar Shots for Sister Springer
And for Sister Paniagua
I Promise....No more eating Badly!
THAT'S gonna leave a mark!


No comments:

Post a Comment